This is one of my favourite fudge cakes for many reasons—It’s easy to make, fuss free, moist and made of things you usually have at home. And it can be cooked in a pressure cooker!!!!
The fudge frosting with nuts makes it so yummy..All cake lovers are gonna love this one for sure!
Recipe source: Susie Aunty
120g Salted butter
120g powdered sugar
¼ tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp baking powder
Milk if required
- Sift maida and baking powder together.
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and maida alternatively to the butter-sugar mixture.
- Add vanilla essence.
- If the mixture becomes too thick , loosen it by adding milk.
- Preheat the cooker for 5 minutes. Do not add any water.
- Keep a ring or small steel stand inside the cooker.
- Line the cake tin with butter and sprinkle Maida to cover all sides.
- Pour the cake mixture into the cake tin.
- Place the cake tin inside the cooker.
- Close the pressure cooker.Do not keep the weight/whistle.
- Cook on high flame for 5 minutes.
- Then lower the flame to medium for 10 minutes
- Lower to low flame for 5 minutes.
- Check if the cake is baked by inserting a toothpick in the middle. It should come out clean.
- Remove cake from cooker and leave it to cool for 10 – 15 minutes. Do not place it under the fan as it may lose its moisture and make the cake dry.
1/2 tin(200 gm) Condensed milk(I used Amul Mithaimate)
50 gms butter
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp chopped nuts
- Heat a pan. Put 3 tablespoon sugar and stir.
- The sugar will caramelize to a dark brown colour.
- Remove from fire and add condensed milk first and keep stirring briskly.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Keep on high flame first and then reduce to medium flame. Keep stirring to reach a thick consistency.
- Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Pour it over the cake while it is hot. With a spatula cover the cake with the icing.
- Top it with the chopped nuts.